Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009 is almost here!

Tonight we went to a New Year's Eve party at our pastor's house. We had a great time fellowshipping and playing games. However, Aubrey was completely wired because of all the people. At 9:45, she was still going strong, so we left to wind her down and get her in the bed. She fell asleep about 10:30. Someone is going to be cranky tomorrow, especially because her molars are about to come in...
I misplaced my camera over the holidays and didn't find it until December 26th, so we don't have any pictures from Christmas. Hopefully the grandparents can email us some. However, tomorrow we're going to begin the festivities that countdown to my brother's wedding with Christmas celebrated late on my mom's side. I can't believe my little brother is getting married in 3 days. He's actually older than I was when I got married, but he still seems too young to be out on his own. I'm very excited for him and his fiancee though. I think they're going to be a great match for one another.
Normally this time of year, I would already have a list of my resolutions, but I've decided not to do any this year. Those of you that know me, know that I make lists. I make lists of the lists I need to make. So, instead of listing "make less lists" as one of my resolutions, I'm not going to write down any resolutions. I'm taking Brett's approach- if you don't write down any resolutions, there are none to break.
We hope everyone has an incredible New Year! Be sure to check back next week for pictures from the wedding. Congratulations, Alan and Melanie! We love you!

-Lauren

2 comments:

Allyson said...

I didn't realize u had a blog! Yay! Looking forward to staying updated :). Tell your bro congrats !

Unknown said...

Happy New Year guys! I may only be a visitor here but everyone celebrates new year. =) Such a nice blog here you have. Feel free to check on my blog for the 'New Year's Poem'. Till then.