Thursday, December 18, 2008

Aubrey is 15 months old!


Aubrey had her 15 month checkup on Tuesday. She is now 24 pounds, 9 ounces, and 33 inches long. She was so brave. Even though Aubrey had two shots, she only cried for a few minutes. Aubrey now has seven teeth, and the doctor said her molars would be coming in soon.
We can't wait for Christmas! Last year since Aubrey was only 3 months old, she didn't really know what was going on. Now, she's walking around, pulling ornaments off the tree, and enjoying all the lights and songs. I'm excited about really establishing our Christmas traditions this year. We read (or try to read) a story to Aubrey every night from her beginner's Bible. We've been all the way through it once, and we're back to David becoming king now. I'm trying to read about 5 stories a night now so that hopefully on Christmas Eve, we can read to her about Jesus's birth. That is a tradition that came from my side of the family. When we would get back home from our Christmas Eve service, my brother and I would talk my mom into opening stockings. Then, after relaxing for a while and hanging out, the very last thing we would do before going to bed was read from Luke 2. The Christmas that Brett and I were engaged, I spent Christmas Eve with my family, then spent the night at his parents' house that night. I remember being so upset because I misssed the Christmas story with my family. Poor Brett had no idea why I was upset until I told him the next day. Since then, we have made that one of our traditions as well.
8 days until Christmas and only 1 day of school left until 2009! I'm so excited to be home with Aubrey for a couple of weeks!
-Lauren

1 comment:

Hannah and Randy said...

hey lauren! i was so excited to get your christmas card and see that you have a blog! now i can keep up with ya'll this way. i will have to add you to our blog list. aubrey is beautiful and a joy i'm sure! hope you guys have a very, merry christmas!

hannah